Adepero Oduye doesn’t get enough credit for her role in “12 Years a Slave.”She was pretty amazing. If you didn’t cry along with this woman when her children were snatched away from her, I kinda don’t want to talk to you anymore.
Augh I just lost it. Her love of her children made her give up her own freedom (and her daughters) so they could be together. She was coerced into sex so her children wouldn’t be raped and they could stay together, And after all of that, after alllll of that she still lost her children. My heart broke in the theater
Tumblr user kushitekalkulus is a sexist, transphobic, homophobic/lesbianphobic/biphobic, rape/abuse apologist, misogynist. He is infamous on Tumblr for attacking black women (specifically black feminists and black queer men/women) and black men who defend these black women/black queer men and women. He recently attacked the moderators at whitepeoplesaidwhat when they called him out. This dude is a perfect example of #blackpowerisforblackmen and he’s a “Ankh Nigga”. I warn you the content you’re about to read below is extremely triggering, if you’re easily triggered please DON’T read this.
[BIG TRIGGER WARNING]
- He thinks rape jokes are funny, especially if the victim is female and viciously brutalized. (because women find men being raped and manipulated by women funny.)
- He says there is no archaeological, anthropological, literary, or oral documentation of homosexuality among African people. Then attacked tumblr user howtobeterrell for responding to his homophobic post calling him a “maggot HIV infested fairy” and threatened howtobeterrell with violence.
- Blames civil rights activist Bayard Rustin for “ruining our chances of true liberation and sovereignty in America by watering down the civil rights movement” simply because he’s a gay black man.
- Has a problem with people telling children that homosexuality is normal then compares homosexuality to bestiality.
- Called the moderators at whitepeoplesaidwhat ”gay” and “effeminate simps” for calling out his problematic and disgusting behavior. All in all, if you call him out and you’re a black man he’ll call you “gay” or a “simp”.
- He believes most women who support abortion do not support it to protect rape victims. They support it to “protect the privilege of abandoning responsibility that comes with state sanctioned whoredom.”
- He believes other sexualities( gay, bisexual, lesbian,pansexual etc.) outside of afrisexuality( which he claims is heterosexuality) are “congenital abnormalities”.
- He believes if Martin Luther King were alive today, he’d be disgusted at homosexuals, he then called them “sexual deviants”. And said these words: “When dealing with sick individuals with perverted instincts, we exit the realm of heterosexuality”. So basically according to him non-heterosexual people are “perverts” and “sick individuals”.
- He believes Asian women are the least damaged by feminism thus making them suitable partners, while Black Women are the absolute worst. They are “bigoted”, “anti-male”, and “misandric”.
- He believes street harassment is just a figment of a black woman’s menstrual imagination and it should not be taken seriously.
- He’s good friends with Tommy Sotomayor, who is a Youtuber that is infamous for dehumanizing black women.
- He said these words: “Not every Black Feminist is a Negro Bed Wench but every Negro Bed Wench is a Black Feminist”. So basically if you’re a black feminist then you’re a negro bed wench.
- He said Janelle Monae wont be considered a “real woman” until she does a raunchy and sexy performance like Beyonce did at the Grammys. He’s said some more derogatory comments about Janelle like how it is disgusting that Janelle Monae wore a suit on Sesame Street thus “suppressing her feminine sexuality”. ignoring her choice to wear a tuxedo as a tribute to her mother who was a Janitor and her step-father who was a postman.
- He called Youtuber Tre Melvin, a "BATTIMON" and a "switch hitter" and a “disgrace” for his video “What Is a “Man”?” where Tre talks about his bisexuality and coming out. The moderators at Radicalmenofcolor responded to his homophobic statements then kushitekalkulus responded saying black feminists are the most biphobic individuals in the black community, Heterophobia and Misandry are bigger issues.
- He said female sexuality in the absence of male usage and positive exploitation amounts to useless waste.Women were put on this earth to please men, and through that pleasure and heterosexual interaction, they please and fulfill themselves.
- He said the black community is state sanctioned matriarchy and matriarchy is synonymous to failure because women are not meant to lead.
- He said white women tricked black women into accepting feminism just so white Women can get all of the good black men.
- He said black men.are running away from black women for white women because black women don’t know how to mold kings and warriors, they destroyed black power movements and are raising thugs with sagging pants.
- He said gay people are “a congenital abnormality stemming from endocrine disruption during the Pre-Natal periods of development and a behavioral perversion stemming from the yacubian madness of modern euro-society”.
- He said gay blacks and Black Feminists are a protected class in white society. They are part of the Intellectual bourgeois, in that they promote and propel sexual perversion among Black folks in the west and help Europeans establish and institute a system of perpetual population control.
- He claims black gays are not an oppressed class in white society. black gays are a protected class. They help Europeans effeminize black boys and masculinize black girls.
- Called the moderators at angrywocunited (formerly known as angrywomenofcolorunited) “bed wenches” for their post on Lupita Nyong’o’s success, the importance of representing dark skinned black women in the mainstream media, and how Lupita inspired a young black girl to not bleach her skin.
- Tumblr user bwoopbwoop talks about rape culture, he then says ”I hope you get raped in that rape culture that you think exists”.
- He’s against the release of Marissa Alexander, a black woman who fired a warning shot from a gun she was licensed to carry to defend herself from a life-threatening beating from her self-admitted abusive estranged husband, Rico Gray. He stated: “Why free a sick psycho that almost murdered her husband and a 12 year old child???”
- He believes street harassment against black women is another excuse to put black men in jail. (he quoted Tariq Nasheed)
- Called Dido Elizabeth Belle a “bed wench”. Said it was every negro bed wenches dream to be able to drink massa’s semen during plantation slavery. (his reaction to the Dido Elizabeth Belle movie)
- He posted a picture of a lynched black woman in order to ridicule and shame black women who date or marry white men ironically he’s a huge supporter of black men who date or marry white women believing it can enhance the progress of black men. He believes black women who date or marry white men are promoting white supremacy and furthering the destruction of black men. All in all, he hates the idea of black women dating or marrying white men/men of other races, he calls these women “bed wenches”.
He follows a lot of popular black/POC blogs like blackinasia, dynamicafrica, black-culture, fucknofetishization etc. If he follows you, block him immediately. He’s the most disgusting, inhumane person I’ve ever seen on Tumblr.
wth is wrong with this guy
It was Sonia Sanchez who said, “The black artist is dangerous. Black art controls the “Negro’s” reality, negates negative influences, and creates positive images.”
Black contemporary art has met resistance from the white dominated art world. An arena that limited itself from a diverse aesthetic of culture and vibrancy. Galleries of “white walls, with white people, drinking white wine.”
Yet, black artists continued to produce,whether accepted by the white dominated art world or not, and produced some of the greatest and memorable pieces in contemporary American art.
“Rape is least frequent (or is least frequently reported) in New Jersey. The state with the second-highest rate of reported rape, behind Alaska, is South Dakota, with a rate of 70 per 100,000.”
Some retrospective teen valentines for my rapists
Things I wish I’d had the agency to say at the time.
Barbara Bowman was part of the 2004 lawsuit against the comedian and shared her story with Newsweek
I guess it’s hard to buy into Bill Cosby’s theory that cuss words and pants sagging are huge problems facing America when over a dozen women say he has drugged and raped them.
a lot of male porn stars are bad people…just listen to the women.
Corina Taylor: “When I arrived to the set I expected to do a vaginal girl boy scene. But during the scene with a male porn star, he forced himself anally into me and would not stop. I yelled at him to stop and screamed ‘No’ over and over but he would not stop. The pain became too much and I was in shock and my body went limp.”
Jenna Jameson: “Most girls get their first experience in gonzo films – in which they’re taken to a crappy studio apartment in Mission Hills and penetrated in every hole possible by some abusive asshole who thinks her name is Bitch.”
Tamra Toryn: “I was very abused in this industry…I’m happy that I’m left and I’m here…This industry is about taking girls and using them like animals to be auctioned off….we’re not humans, we’re objects."
Jenni Case: “They pick them up and they just abuse them. They take advantage of the fact that they’re from broken homes and they’re poor and they’re trying to survive…One of the number one lies that they tell you that helps to make it seem ok is that you’ll be safe, you’re not gonna get sick form STDs, you’re gonna be physically safe…and that’s a completely lie…there’s always drugs and alcohol..I don’t believe anyone can do this sober…you have to numb yourself…you have to escape from the pain….the physical pain, the emotional pain and if you don’t you’ll lose your mind…." - (who was also given a fake HIV/AIDS test, who was also anally coercively raped by Max Hardcore)
Shelly Lubben: "…It was disgusting; it was a couch full of body fluids, the girl vomited all over the guy because he was gagging her —forcing her— to have oral sex." (same video; where she talks about the (anal) rape that happens on set as well)
Small examples but I trust these women. Queer porn and alternative porn can be great but mainstream porn is vile.
Comic about slurs, published in the Galago magazine last summer.
And this is really how it is. Instead of placing the onus on us and asking why we don’t say anything, ask yourselves instead why you don’t think it’s a problem that it goes unchecked.
On the topic of R.Kelly and holding black men in our community accountable for their sexual violence against women, why haven’t we been talking about tupac? I follower of mine pointed out to me that tupac was convicted of rape/involved in the gang rape of a young black woman by the name of Ayanna Jackson in 1994. And he went to prison for this, the very prison time that is romanticized but why he got there is swept under the rug. Tupac is painted as a conscious rapper who understood the magnitude of racism, poverty, and misogyny and yet I’ve never heard a peep about his rape trial, at least not from anti-oppression bloggers on tumblr.
STEER CLEAR OF THESE GUYS!
Get them all fired, broken up withn and evicted. Ideally strangled to death but that’s illegal. Dox away my friends